In 2021, we started a new tradition at Ballet.Culture.
Our very own Ballet.Culture: EISTEDDFOD
What is an Eisteddfod?
An Eisteddfod is a Welsh celebration of Dance and Performing Arts, providing an opportunity for students to participate/compete in a friendly and fun environment.
The Classic Ballet Stories.
Some of which has been performed since the 1800s.
- Classes learn a short dance that is inspired by a Classic Ballet Story.
- Music from the original Ballet is used.
- The story will be summarized and shared with students during Week 1 of Term 4.
- Each class will perform their dance as a group to Family and Friends on the last day of Term 4. Students can also choose to perform the dance as a duo or solo.
- Those performing as solos, will be recorded and judged, for a chance to receive a special designed Ballet.Culture:EISTEDDFOD trophy.
It is a wonderful opportunity for Ballet.Culture students to learn the history of Ballet through dancing, story telling and performing. Students have a chance to compete as individuals (optional).